A LONG WEEK OF SHORT FILMS
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
GUIDE FOR VOLUNTEERS
By reading this you can make a more informed choice of which area you would prefer to volunteer in and consequently increase your enjoyment and contribution to the Festival and the benefits of your volunteering experience. Please pay particular attention to the ‘Notes for Applicants’ section below.
WHAT WE NEED?
Scheduling and compilation of guest packs and daily itineraries for our national and international guests. Being a Hospitality Volunteer is a great way to experience the buzz of the Festival.
Help us to translate film subtitles/media contents and other necessary materials from Chinese to English or English to Chinese.
Volunteer in this area will serve as English or Chinese interpreter during the lectures/in presenting the screening/assisting workshop tutors.
Working closely with the chief photographer, assist in photo shooting and editing during the festival. Also collaborate with the media team for sending the pictures timely for media use as requested.
Duties here will include being a point of contact for general public, as well as highlighting daily promotions to the public.
Social Media Correspondents & Marketing Task Force
Thus this is an opportunity to become a member of our special Marketing task force in order to help and spread the word about the festival to as many people as possible maintaining the quality and consistency of the message across all the channels and working closely with the Festival Marketing Team and within the guidelines provided.
Volunteering in one of our venues puts you very much at the forefront of the Festival experience. Our venues include Minsheng Art Museum, K11, Fun Works, Naked Hub, among others .Minsheng Art Museum is the main hub of Festival activity and host the majority of the Festival screening schedule. As many of our volunteers are film buffs themselves, you get the opportunity to participate in and contribute to the dynamic atmosphere of an international film festival.
NOTES FOR APPLICANTS
- It is a policy of the festival that each applicant is available for a minimum of three volunteering periods.Daily volunteering periods can be described generally as follows:
Morning 10.00 – 14.00
Afternoon 14.00 – 18.30
Evening 18.30 – 22.00
However venues shifts must accommodate the screening schedule so they may differ from above times.
- All applicants must complete the ‘Availability Table’ in Section A.of the application. Should your availability change following your initial application, please e-mail our Volunteer Coordinator with revisions immediately.
- It is a strict policy of the LWSF Festival not to share any information contained on the Volunteer Application Forms with any third parties.
- Please be aware that the Festival cannot provide any living, travel or accommodation expenses to volunteers. LWSF Festival is a non-profit organization, and our budgets are extremely limited.
- In return, the LWSF Festival will provide the following benefits to our volunteers:
- Attendance to the opening ceremony, closing ceremony and networking events(please note volunteers playing roles in these events should stick to their responsibilities at site)
- A LWSF T-shirt and special souvenir from the festival
- Food and beverage will be provided according to the schedule of the volunteer
- An official certification of volunteering issued by LWSF
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FULL LWSF VOLUNTEER POLICY HERE